Yorkshire Sound Women network
Administrator to the Working Group
Freelance Temporary – 12 days paid at £150 per day for no more than two days a week from May 15th 2017 to July 7th 2017
The Yorkshire Sound Women Network [YSWN] is looking for a dynamic and resourceful freelance Administrator to work 12 days between May 15th and July 7th 2017, and to serve as the administrator to the Working Group.
The successful candidate will work mostly from home and will be required to support the organisation in capacities laid out in the job description below.
If you are interested in applying for this post please send a C.V. and cover letter to Liz Dobson at firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are suitable for the post. Please use the subject header ‘YSWN admin’ and please use the job description and person specification to match your skills and competencies to the requirements of the job.
Application Deadline: 12 Noon May 8th 2017
About the Yorkshire Sound Women Network
This unincorporated group offers spaces for women and girls to meet and share skills and knowledge on music and sound technology. Since July 2015 we have delivered over 30 events in Huddersfield and Sheffield, including socials and more formal workshops on a wide range of topics. We received funding from The University of Huddersfield to help us sustain our activities and support our operational development moving forward.
Further information about YSWN can be found on our website:
Core Duties – Administrative Responsibilities
Fundraising and operational
- Identifying grants and funding avenues, as well as drafting and supporting funding bids with key members of the working group
- Support the development of an operational structure
- Liaise with regional groups
- Co-ordinate and present operational materials
- Act as administrator for the organisation, responsible to the Working Group
- Monitoring the central organisation of key documents and resources
- Serve as initial contact for potential members, forwarding inquiries to appropriate committee members
- Taking minutes, typing them up and distributing amongst the working group
- Sending out agendas and agreeing them before meetings
- Managing e-mail distribution
- Corresponding with workshop leaders to complete the workshop information documents by way of preparation for marketing and logistics
- Corresponding with venues to negotiate and book spaces
- Managing the event information systems: Eventbrites, Mailchimps, Facebook Event content
- Sending feedback requests to participants and providing feedback to the Chair to report to the Working Group
- Managing the website with input from members of the Working Group
- Managing data and related procedures
- Final proofreading of all web materials
The list above is not exhaustive and the successful applicant will be asked to work flexibly and undertake varied duties as and when they arise within the weekly time allocated. This job is suited solely to those working on a freelance basis; it is anticipated that hours will be completed flexibly in order to accommodate other work; i.e. it is not expected that hours be worked on the same day of the week or even necessarily within regular business hours. The Administrator will be directly responsible to the core Committee and Working Group, and will be required to attend monthly meetings serving as its administrator. These meetings take place on the evening of the first Tuesday of the month.
The Administrator will be asked to submit a monthly invoice to The University of Huddersfield as the position has been funded as part of a wider collaborative venture fund. All invoices must be submitted by July 7th.
YSWN Administrator to the Working Group
|Challenges to small grass roots organisations||x|
|A detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office suite||x|
|Practical knowledge of using the internet for communication and data storage||x|
|Knowledge of online collaboration tools Google docs and Trello||x|
|Practical knowledge of Eventbrite, WordPress, and Mailchimp||x|
|Knowledge of issues affecting women and girls within the music technology industry||x|
|Experience of working as part of a team||x|
|Experience of working in an administrative capacity||x|
|Experience of working independently and successfully managing own time||x|
|Experience of dealing with the public face to face, via email or on the phone||x|
|Experience of fundraising||x|
|Experience of working within a creative or technological field||x|
|A good set of GCSEs or equivalent||x|
|Excellent oral and written skills||x|
|Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail||x|
|Ability to work to tight deadlines||x|
|Ability to work on own initiative||x|
|An administrative skill set||x|
|Ability to produce high quality documentation in a wide range of formats||x|
|Ability to work with photographs and create visuals||x|
|Interpersonal & Communication Skills|
|Ability to communicate information to a wide range of people||x|
|Flexible, resourceful attitude||x|
|Willingness to learn and contribute||x|
|Commitment to the aims of the YSWN||x|
These attributes will be identified by means of the application and references as appropriate. Shortlisting may include interviews.