While most of our events are for women and girls, this time we are hosting an event for anyone of any gender and age above the age of 11.
A masterclass on composition, performance, reflection and sound recording.
How do you capture the essence of a performer? How do you interpret an interpreter? How do you use technique to reveal one’s own vulnerabilities?
A sound recordist, a composer and a pianist will explore these questions through the collaboration on the piece What Does This Moment Require? for piano and toy piano.
Through live demonstrations of microphone placements and performances of excerpts, the talk will explore these questions and how the interaction between all three women has developed their thinking.
Kate Ledger – piano (photo credit for all images: Morag Galloway)
Morag Galloway – composer
and Lynette Quek – sound recordist
- Age: 11+ (accompanied by guardian up to 16+)
- Level: Beginner
- Time/Date:18:30pm/Thursday October 27th
- Venue: University of Huddersfield – Creative Arts Building – Phipps Hall (level 2)
- Cost: Free, but registration is required
- Registration: Please register here