Sat. 27 Jul 2019 - Sun. 28 Jul 2019
Do you want to learn DJing, computer based music production, audio electronics and sound composition?
The department of Music and Drama at the University of Huddersfield, in partnership with Yorkshire Sound Women Network is offering a six-weekend series of free workshops for girls and young women* in Kirklees between the ages of 11 and and 18 – visit the Go Compose website to see the full list.
* We welcome cis- and transgender young women and girls, as well as gender non-binary/non-conforming young people.
The workshops will be delivered by experienced and DBS-certified practitioners and educators. No prior experience is necessary and we encourage participants to attend both days.
For ages 11-15
Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 July, 10am-3pm
Make your own track from scratch in one weekend!
You will learn how to make your own electronic music by recording, sampling and mixing sounds to produce a track you can be proud of.
• Learn how to write and structure a piece of music
• Learn how to use the GarageBand app
• Explore sampling, recording and mixing
• Explore MIDI notation and arrangement
• Explore audio recording including mic placement and input levels
• Experiment with audio effects such as reverb and echo
Workshop leader info:
Caro C is an artist, engineer and facilitator in sound. She produces and performs her own brand of spacey electronic music, and has released three solo albums. She has also written music for film and theatre.
Join our mailing list and we’ll keep you informed with the latest YSWN news, upcoming events and related opportunities.
If you’d like to get in touch directly with an enquiry, visit our contact page.