Sat. 03 Aug 2019 - Sun. 04 Aug 2019
Do you want to learn DJing, computer based music production, audio electronics and sound composition?
The department of Music and Drama at the University of Huddersfield, in partnership with Yorkshire Sound Women Network is offering a six-weekend series of free workshops for girls and young women* in Kirklees between the ages of 11 and and 18 – visit the Go Compose website to see the full list.
* We welcome cis- and transgender young women and girls, as well as gender non-binary/non-conforming young people.
The workshops will be delivered by experienced and DBS-certified practitioners and educators. No prior experience is necessary and we encourage participants to attend both days.
For ages 16-18
Saturday 3 & Sunday 4 August, 10am-3pm
Learn how to design sound for film, theatre and TV!
This two-day course will immerse you in the world of sound design. You will learn both the technical and creative skills required to create sounds that enhance the drama on stage and on screen.
• Learn about and create the elements of a soundtrack
• Learn how to understand and work from a script
• Discover storytelling through sound design
• Learn about audio recording, manipulation and sound design
• Learn about programming and performing sound for theatre (in QLab)
Workshop leader info:
Audiovisual professional Aiwan Obinyan is a filmmaker and composer who has worked across industries as a musician, audio engineer, composer and filmmaker for more than 15 years. Her work has appeared on national and international TV and in 2013 she founded AiAi Studios, a production company specialising in music and sound design for film, TV and artists.
Join our mailing list and we’ll keep you informed with the latest YSWN news, upcoming events and related opportunities.
If you’d like to get in touch directly with an enquiry, visit our contact page.