Wed. 18 Sep 2019
Wednesdays until 11 Dec (not 30 Oct)
Our new WIRED music technology club for girls* aged 11-18 offers 12 weeks of free, fun, hands-on workshops.
Using the real-life studio equipment and music technology programs provided by Leeds Beckett University, you’ll have the chance to:
• Write and record your own songs in a recording studio
• Learn to use a mixing desk
• Use computer software to create and edit music
• Set up and use different microphones
• Create sound for film – make sound FX and record dialogue
• Try field recording
• Learn about careers in the music tech industry
For more details and how to apply, read the news story here.
*We welcome all girls, young women and non-binary people aged 11-18 years old
WIRED is supported by Youth Music using public funding by the National Lottery through Arts Council England; ISME (International Society for Music Education); Music for All; and Kirklees Council via the Leeds City Region Business Rates Pool. WIRED is delivered in partnership with Leeds Beckett University and University College Doncaster.
Join our mailing list and we’ll keep you informed with the latest YSWN news, upcoming events and related opportunities.
If you’d like to get in touch directly with an enquiry, visit our contact page.